Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What Did I Do With My Time?

Time is such a funny thing. Some days it goes by in a flash and others it drags on and on. When you have two small kids time takes on a whole new meaning in your life.

"It's time to eat your breakfast."
"Time out!
"It's time to put your coat on."
"Time out!"
"It's time to say good-bye."
"Time out!"
"It's time to take a bath."

You get the gist of it. What I'm wondering is what exactly I did with all my free time before I had kids. I'm sitting at my computer right now because both of my little ones are fast asleep at the same time - something that rarely occurs in this house. What did I do? Well, I cleaned a little - no, a lot. Really quickly too, so I could get a bunch of stuff done before somebody woke up. I did a few tasks on my to-do list that I didn't think were going to get crossed off today. And then, I painted my nails...woo hoo!! So, as I'm waiting for my nails to completely dry I'm wondering, back in the day when all I did was work and come home - what did I do with all that time?

Now that I'm thinking about it I think I went to the gym a lot. Not the make-shift gym I have in my unfinished basement, but a real gym with group classes and other people and everything! :) I went shopping when I was bored...heck, I had extra money back then, why not spend it? I always had well polished finger nails and had took the extra time for masks and pedicures and tanning. Hmm, that's why I look so good in my photos from years ago! ;) Back then time didn't fly by. It didn't drag either (unless I was at work of course!) but it seemed like there was time enough for everything. Now, my baby is about to turn one in a month, my almost 3 year old daughter is registered for preschool and I don't know where the time went!

One would deduce that according to the old saying "time flies when you're having fun," I must be having the time of my life! :) And, I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment