Thursday, February 5, 2009

Welcome Back To Reality

Before I even start this post, I do acknowledge the fact that my daily blog has been not so daily lately! So here's the deal, I will aim for daily blogs. However, knowing that I have huge responsibilities in life (a 2 year old, a 10 month old and a husband) I am accepting the fact that daily will not always be possible. If I did force myself to sit at this computer before I could finally relax in my comfy bed after an exhausting day, this blog would become a venting outlet and that is not really the point! Just so we're on the same page.

Yes, the past few days have been busy, but what has really been keeping me away from this computer (and my laundry, my household to-do list, etc.) has been a really good book. Do you ever find yourself so engrossed in a book you can't put it down? Even if it's two hours past your normal bedtime, you have to get up early in the morning, your eyes feel like they are going to just shut out of pure protest, you find yourself continuing on to the next chapter. A good book is definitely an escape from reality. Anything that will take your mind off your struggles for a good couple of hours is worth the time. However, this particular book was the last of a four-book saga. To be fair, my total "escape time" reading these books probably adds up to a full week of my life! While I enjoyed my mental journey through this tale, it feels good to finally be at the end and reclaim my life back! I feel like I'm free to get back to getting things done. It was a nice little vacation, but welcome back to reality...as a matter of fact I'm hearing reality waking up from their naps upstairs right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment